Okay, I gave myself a timeout from my computer. There were a lot of reasons for this, some personal and some writerly, but they are many and boring. I'm back like a bad White Elephant gift and blogging with a cat in my lap.
I started cruising a few blogs to see what folks were up to and discovered that I've been tagged by Ed. I'm supposed to list five odd random facts about myself. So here goes:
Five things you would never know unless I was goofy enough to tell you.
1. The quickest verdict I ever got in court was a seven minute Life Sentence on a murderer. He was a very bad man and deserved it, but we sent the jury back to deliberate, I went to the restroom, and put a burrito in the microwave. It dinged and the jury buzzed.
2. I was once a three time Hog Calling champion. Sooooooowweeeeeeeeeeeeee! Pigpigpig. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.
3. I'm double jointed. I can bend my thumb flat against the back of my wrist. My pinky too. I used to be able to do all my fingers, but age and arthritis have changed that.
4. I love Spongebob Squarepants. I think I've seen all the episodes a zillion times, but my favorite episode EVAH would have to be the one where he goes to live with the jellyfish.
5. One of my best friends in high school had a pet ferret named Fred who loved to drink beer. If you left your beer unattended, it was ferret chow. I don't know how many times I got drunk with that ferret. *disclaimer* beer is not a recommended drink for high schoolers or ferrets.
So there you are. Five goofy things. I'm supposed to tag folks, but I'm late and everyone is probably already tagged, except I didn't see that AJ was tagged, so if you haven't been then you are and if you are or rather were then nevermind.
PS: I got a monster amount of writing stuff done while on my time out, but I missed everyone terribly!